Paige Bradley created one of the most striking sculptures I’ve seen in recent times. Her masterpiece, entitled Expansion, is a beautiful woman seeking inner piece but fractured and bleeding with light. “From the moment we are born, the world tends to have a container already built for us to fit inside: a social security number, a gender, a race, a profession,” says Bradley. “I ponder if we are more defined by the container we are in than what we are inside. Would we recognize ourselves if we could expand beyond our bodies?”
1. Don’t think about what could or should have been
2. Ground yourself in the present; think of ONE thing you enjoy
3. Read inspiring stories, books, quotes and blogs
4. Listen to music that helps to lift your mood
5. Decide to be a winner – no matter what it takes
6. Accept that blocks and failures are a normal part of life
7. Decide to take a step towards the life you want to have.
Far too often in the Black Community, especially the Conscious Community, we get hung up on chanting slogans and repeating phrases that it almost seems as if we forget that there is much more to our fight than just that. We have to be able to provide for ourselves and our people. We can’t call ourselves Kings and Queens if we are completely dependent on other races to survive. Let’s build our own.
Post by @KingKwajo